Michael Jackson’s physician trial moved to end of September

144
0
Share:

Michael Jackson’s physician trial moved to end of September
LOS ANGELES (BDCi) – The judge appointed to the manslaughter trail of Michael Jackson’s physician decided Monday to postpone courtroom activities until September.

Dr. Conrad Murray, who pleaded not guilty to manslaughter charges, is accused of giving Jackson a lethal dose of propofol along with other sedatives mixed together in June 2009.

During a Monday morning hearing Superior Judge Michael Pastor asked Murray if he agreed with the postponement. “I believe it is in the best interest of all parties involved,” Murray said.

The selection of the jury, which began in March, was supposed to come to a close this week. Opening statements and testimony had been scheduled to begin next Monday.

More than likely this decision will affect the 171 potential jurors who were already “hardship qualified” for a two-month trail. They may be dismissed and the process to find new jurors will start all over again.

The jury selection will begin around September 8 and opening statements could begin on September 20. No cameras will be allowed in the courtroom, Pastor said.

Murray faces a maximum of four years in prison if he is convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

By: Kristyn Fryrear
September 9, 2011
10:19 a.m. PDT

Share:

Leave a reply