Summer skin care tips
Summer skin care tips
LOS ANGELES, CA (BDCi) — How are you enjoying this heat? I hope you are having a lot of fun under the sun! Summer is by far women’s most fun and favorite season with endless make up color options.
In terms of summer clothing, you can just put whatever you want on and walk around free. I mean, you don’t have to wear any heavy clothes or makeup.
However, you need to remember, that the sun can be very harmful to your skin if you don’t take the proper care before you leave the house every day.
Thinking of that, I decided to share some tips with you:
You don’t have all your products yet? No problem, however, make sure you are choosing quality over price. Do your research before going out to buy your products. You will save your money and time!
First and foremost, your number one priority is to use a moisturizer with sunscreen before you put your daily make up on. Remember that for this kind of weather the lighter the better. Avoid applying any heave make –up on, your beautiful face will thank you!
1. Look for sunscreens that contain zinc oxide or titanium dioxide with an SPF of 15 or higher. SPF 15 blocks 93 percent of all incoming UVB rays; SPF 30 blocks 97 percent; and SPF 50 blocks 98 percent
2. Wear a hat making sure the brim is big enough to shield the ears and neck.
3. Wear UV-blocking sunglasses with 99 to 100 percent absorption to protect the eyes and the sensitive skin around the eyes.
4. Eat a diet high in antioxidants like vegetables, fruits, super foods such as acai, coconut water, maca, and cacao.
5. Check your vitamin D levels. If you are deficient, you can be more vulnerable to getting skin damage. High vitamin D levels can protect against sunburn
At department store like Macys, Bloomindales, Nordstrom, and Sax Fifth Avenue offer high end cosmetics, makeup, creams along with on site consultants that can help you choose the best product for your skin.
Another option for those on a budget is the online deals; you can never go wrong on that!
Remember, your body is your temple, take care of it, especially in the hottest season of the year!
See you guys next week with more SUMMER FASHION AND BEAUTY TIPS!
By Giselle Claudino
Edited by Janete Weinstein
Source: Squido.com, makeupgeep.com, ellecanada.com
Photos: Google images, Nordstrom, MAC
August 15, 2012 11:12 a.m. PST